Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Walking vs jogging




Despite being diagnosed with a heart defect since birth, I consider myself lucky as packaged with the heart problem is a highrate metabolism which keeps me slim (no matter how much I eat and how much I sleep). I can escape cardiovascular workout and just concentrate on strenghtening workout to remain slim. However, recently, an observation struck me that cardiovascular patients are not the only lucky ones: marathon walkers too!



I am a fan of athletic sports and I have watched Usain Bolt and Johanna Jackson live on TV and again and again on YouTube. I have also watched other racewalkers. Then, I took a probably late notice: all racewalkers are amazing slim and thin. While runners are fit and muscular, walkers are fit and LEAN. Being the usual me, i began to query?


WHY?



It what ways walking exercise magically make the figure leaner? It is like, racewalkers don't grown muscles but 'elongate' their muscles. I learned from a book 'Racewalking' that walking burn a dozen times more calories than jogging. In fact, walking inside the swimming pool burns dozens of calories more than walking on land and hill.
My idea is that in walking, we not only sweat, but we do exertion, compared to jogging. When we walk, our hands swings against the wind and one of our feet must not skip the earth beneath. We do lower exertion compared to jogging. Thus, creating resistance like those we obtain from our exercise machines. If you see how ballerinas have great figures, its because of this slow exertion of target muscles. This combination of streghtening and pace what makes calories burning surpass those exercised from jogging. On the other hand, to continue burning calories in jogging, many beginners try to pust their limits in order feel that they have workout.
Another secret code of walking benefits have to do with the heart rate difference in walking compared to jogging and other exercises. It seems that walking allows the body to be in fat-burning mode longer compared to other exercises, so to speak.
Finally, i believe that walking allows us to be in fat-burning mode longer because we can do it longer as it is a fun exercise! i look forward to walk around the park in my university after the morning prayer. the wind is breezy, the air is fresh and the people are happy and smiling. the birds are chirping and greeting you! I have my linkin park music standby always in the morning and I'd walk according to the rythm. I particularly pick Linkin park, because the musics have slow beats which accelerates towards the end. Thus my feet are guided.
Heart beat can tell if you have been exercising. the lower rate the heart beats, the healthier your heart is. You can put on make up and pretend to be healthy, but the cardiologist will know if you are lying. I knew this when i have not been exercising for three weeks and my cardiologist put on the stetoscope on me and asked, "why have you not been walking?"
PUTERI SHAKIRA









No comments: